Sunday, November 19, 2006

analysit

Analyzing It

The girl in Edouard Manet’s painting is sitting down.in a maroon, purple, red printed sala set or sofa that is high enough that she can put her elbows in a marble-like table in front of her. Her head is resting in her hand while in the other hand is a cigarette which is not lit. The painting is not that clear. It’s a little bit of blurry. The girl is in a, I think, a Victorian setting or whatever, I’m not sure what you call it. All I know its in an old time setting. For me, the girl is about my age. Around eighteen or nineteen years old. She’s too fair. Her dress is almost the same color as er face and body. She’s not that pretty and seems to be sad at the same time waiting for someone who’s taking so long that she’s getting bored of waiting. She has a brown ice cream in front of her which looks like a lot of chocolate flavored ice cream and the spoon is under the whole thing that it seems to be not there at all but when you look at it, it’s there! The ice cream is placed in a nice, clean, clear ice cream glass. The seat in which she is sitting on has which seems to be a glass window or painting behind it. It has blue, violet and pinkish lavender color. The glass window or painting has a light brown wooden edging or frame around it,
although we can only see a corner. Beside it is a brown wall which has lines in it. It
looks like it is made out of wood.

Back to the girl, I don’t think she’s pretty because of her features. Besides, her face is too small for her body, her right ear is protruding. She also has small set of eyes, although one is bigger than the other one. Her nose is okay for her face but her lips are too small. Her lips are also almost as white as her skin except for the fact that it has a hint of pink in it which I think the artist added to little in it. Her dress is one of the fads today, I even wore a top like it during my birthday (except that mine was sleeveless). She is one of the people we call a red head. But her short hair is covered by a black hat that has laces around it in which I think it’s good because she won’t feel the laces’ itchyness. The girl is not wearing accessories that made my sister and I argue if she is a girl or a boy. She’s so pale! She can even look like a dead person.

I know, all I did was made a mean comment about the painting, but I think it’s nice because I couldn’t even make a painting as detailed as this. Amazing at how Edouard Manet made it so real. I can even feel the girl’s emotions even if she isn’t that pretty to me.

No comments: