Sunday, November 19, 2006

me.now.

People perceive me as hard to approach but then I flash my toothy smile and the perception changes. I do not hesitate to talk and start a conversation even with a complete stranger. On my first week here at ----------, I initiated conversations with a lot of people who are now very good friends.

I stand five feet and two inches, very fair complexion, and oriental in looks which is funny. As my father has Portuguese origins and my mother has German origins so where I got my oriental look is a mystery to me.

By way of physical activity, I swim a lot, in equal intensity, I sleep a lot. Since I don’t watch t.v. that much. I discovered the world of books when my hands landed on The Hobbit and moved on to the trilogy of The Lord of the Rings. Magazines compete in my reading interests. Clearly, I love food. However, I do not like cooking. So I usually eat anywhere. From cheap-y eateries, fast foods, and fine dining establishments.

As my relationship with God, our Father, I was pretty confused then, because I was baptized as a Roman Catholic due to my father’s brother who is a Roman Catholic priest. But I was likewise exposed to my uncle, my mother’s brother, who is a pastor. Until the age of twelve, I chose to pursue my relationship with our Lord as a Born-again Christian.


Lastly, this is only my second semester here at ------------------------ because I tried my independence by enrolling -----------------------However, despite of the clean air and cool weather, I so missed the noise and pollution of Manila .Therefore, I made the seemingly stupid decision to comeback. But I love Manila and love --------------------
There is more of me but it can’t be said in just a minute and a half. But we have a whole semester to get to know each other. Thank you and good day everyone.

No comments: