Sunday, November 19, 2006

dreaming.

The article “Dare to Dream” from this month’s issue of Reader’s Digest is, as the title says it, about dreams. It talks about why we dream, that one interpretation of a dream doesn’t fit all, decoding the meanings of our dreams and what it can do for us.

“Why do we dream?” the article said that we dream because it is the way for our subconscious minds to communicate to our conscious minds. It also said that it’s like having a therapist inside our brains. Amazing! I thought. Although, I don’t remember all of my dreams when I wake up, I believe in this article. I read it last night, and when I woke up this morning, I remembered three different dreams because I followed the tips on “Upgrade Your Dreams”. After reading this part, I thought, “How intelligent our Lord really is! He designed us to have our own therapist within us?! Cool!”

“Decoding the Meanings”. They say that colors represent emotions. But then again, every one of us has their different colors of blue. It can be dark blue, light blue, sky blue, baby blue, or aqua blue. So it all depends on how we see it.

There is a one big thing dreams can do for us. This is to give us solution to our problems. Any problems, like, for example, the problem is to or not to break up with your boyfriend. All we have to do is think about the question before we sleep and see if we will dream about it to get the solution. Amazing, isn’t it?

One more thing the article talked about is dreaming and at the same time you know it. Here, we can control what we want to dream about. I really like this part. As far as I can remember, this happened to me only once but I never thought that there is a name for it. I thought I was just a weirdo, and that it only happened to me so I never told anyone about it. But now, because of this article, I know better. These kinds of dreams are what we call “lucid dreams”.

At the end, the article concludes that no one can ever interpret our dreams more accurately than ourselves. Well, when you think about it, no one else saw your dream, only you. Therefore, you should and have to be the best interpreter.

No comments: