Sunday, November 19, 2006

who's life? edited

At eight in the evening of August twenty-five of the year 1987, my life began. I was a small and very fair-skinned baby. After two years, my younger sister was born. When we were growing up, our parents were fighting almost every night. The day came when they separated rooms. Then, when I was six or seven years old, my mom finally left the house for good.

After a few days, I cried and cried to my dad, begging him to bring me to my mom. Since the day my dad brought me to where my mom was, I never went home to my dad again, and I stayed with my mom until she found an apartment. We stayed there without my sister because my dad kept her with him.

My parents fought about the issue that siblings should not be separated when they are still young. So, they both agreed that my sister and me should at least see each other once a week. Every Saturday, my sister would visit my mom and me until she never went back home to our dad. My sister and I were lonely apart, but finally we were together again. We transferred to about five to six houses in a span of five years. Almost every night I would cry because of my parent’s separation.

After almost three years of my parent’s separation, my mom transferred me to a new school, a Christian school. There, I found my peace-- Jesus Christ. I received Him when I was twelve. When I received Him, I stopped crying every night, I just prayed instead of cry. I decided to trust Him, and I found peace. Maybe the separation was the way for me to know about Christ because if my parents didn’t separate, I might still be studying in a non-Christian school and wouldn’t have had the chance to know what I needed to know about Jesus.

Now, I’m used to seeing my dad at least once a month. We would either watch a movie or go shopping. Although, there are some difficulties, like who to spend Christmas Eve or Day with, but I am still grateful to our Lord because He has made a way for us to be with both our parents, though at different times.

I have learned that in life, if something happens, be it good or bad, happy or sad, I can still be thankful and accept the Lord’s plan for my life. No matter what happens because I have Jesus.

No comments: