Last Tuesday, I learned about the three types of learning. The first one is “Classical Conditioning” or “Learning by Association”. In this type of learning, we get to know or remember things by associating it with another thing. I think I use this most of the time. For example, when reviewing for a quiz or an exam, I associate words that I have to memorize, with words which has almost the same spelling, meaning, or even how it sounds like. Another example is when I have to memorize terms, I associate it with its meaning so that it’s easier to memorize it. not only use this in my academics by I use it almost all the time. I use it in remembering people. If I see any leopard spots stuff, I immediately remember and think of my sister. If I smell this certain scent, I immediately remember my closest friend. If I eat syllvanas I immediately remember my high school days when I ate syllvanas all the time. If I hear the song “tattooed on my mind”, I immediately think of my ex boy best friend. Lastly, if I touch any silk, I immediately think of my bed.
The second type of learning is “Operant Conditioning” or “Instrumental Learning”. I don’t really get this but the way understand it, we learn things because we get rewards or punishments when we learn that’s why we do it. I’m not sure if my application is correct but when I was young my mom gave me everything I wanted, all I have to do is ask for it and be a good girl and have good grades. That’s my reward. That is why I made sure I did everything right.
“Cognitive Learning” is the third type of learning. Here, we learn things by first, understanding it. then comprehending it and finally analyzing it. I also do this all the time. If I lose something, I try to remember where I last saw it and where I placed it. This example is learning cognitive maps. Again, when reviewing for a quiz or an exam, I memorize enumeration by imagining a tree like effect in my
mind. The other one is observational learning or when we have models to imitate. Honestly, I do this when I’m not sure of what to do. Like, if I’m late for a class and I see everyone has a yellow pad and pens out. I immediately do the same because I don’t know what to do (this also applies to the first type of learning because I associate yellow pad and pens out to having a quiz). I also learn by observation when I’m not sure on what to wear on a date or in special occasions, this is why I ask my friends around on what they’ll wear.
I never thought learning had different types. I was never aware that I used all of it everyday in my life. Now that I know all about it, I will be more conscious and this will help me become a better person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment