Sunday, November 19, 2006

who's life?

Life is not really that simple, this I have learned early in life. It has its ups and downs. has its ups and downs. an.There are many happy times and there are long, sad times. When you look at me, you would think that I have always been a happy school girl, born with a silver spoon in my mouth. You would think of me as someone WOULD g to His purpose.” who has had a life without any difficulties. You would think that I have everything I ever wanted in life, that I was born and raised in a home with no problems. I may even be the envy of other teenagers like me, but the truth is, my life has not been easy…
At eight in the evening of August twenty-five in the year 1987, I was born. I was a small, very fair-skinned baby. I don’t really have any recollection of happy times before I turned two, except for the birth of my younger sister, Sami.
As we were growing up, there was no real peace in our home. Our parents were fighting almost every night. I really don’t remember the reason why they fought so much. All I can remember was that I felt so sad and scared whenever I saw them fighting. I clearly recall that I would pull my sister into the room and play with her to take away all that agonizing noise from my mind every time they fought. The day came when my parents slept in separate rooms. Even a little girl like me would know that the situation between my mom and dad was getting worse.
Then when I was six years old, I saw My mom walk out of the house with a big bag. “She was leaving for good!” was what it spelled out in my mind. I cried and begged her not to leave us, but she just shut the car door. And I saw her drive the car away. I wanted her to stay so badly because I loved her so much, even if our home was not a happy one. But I was so young then and I couldn’t do anything more.
After a few days, I just couldn’t bear it any longer to be without my mom. I missed her terribly. I cried and cried and begged my dad to bring me to her. Then finally, my dad gave in to the pressure and brought me to her.
My mom and I stayed in a tiny apartment. This was a happy time for us, but secretly, I missed my dad and Sami. Mom and Dad really wanted Sami and I to be together, but they just didn’t know what to do about the situation. I wanted to be with Mom. Sam wanted to be with Dad. And to make it more complicated,little sister, Sam. Mom didn’t want to get back together with Dad. After many arguments, they agreed that Sami and I should see each other at least once a week. So, every Saturday Sami was with us. We called each other up everyday we were apart and together we planned what to do on her next visit.
One Saturday, Sami came to visit us as usual. In the evening, when it was time for my dad to pick her up, she decided not to go home. The next evening, my dad came back, but Sami still didn’t want to go home with him. Instead, she decided to stay with us for good.
My sister and I were so happy because finally, we were going to be together. That was the happy part, but almost every night, I would cry just remembering my dad’s face when Sami said “I don’t like to go with you!” I imagined him being so lonely in the house with no one to talk to. That was the sad part. I often fantasized Dad and Mom picking us up in school, eating dinner at home together, telling stories about each another’s day and my parents tucking Sami and I to bed. I just kept imagining all this until I would fall asleep.
I thought that life was less complicated, though, with my mom and dad separated. At least there was no fighting. It was all peaceful and quiet on the outside, but inside me it was not. I remember seeing my friends’ parents together lots of times. I felt sad and envious, but couldn’t do anything about the awful pain I felt in my heart.
Three years after my parent’s separation, my mom transferred me to a new school, a Christian school. One Wednesday, during chapel hour, our pastor talked about how we could have peace in our hearts. He spoke to us about Jesus Christ. He told us that Jesus gave His life to save us and that if we surrendered our lives to Him, we will have eternal life and have peace in our hearts. Because I needed peace, I surrendered my life to Jesus. Amazingly, I stopped crying that night! Instead I just prayed and talked to God and I found comfort in doing that. I decided to trust Him and found the peace I was looking for. I read the verse: “And we know all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.” This made me realize that what happened to our family was part of God’s plan for me to know about Jesus.
When I grow up I will continue to serve the Lord and I will seek His will in my choice for a life partner, so that I will not make the same mistake my mom did.
Now, I see my dad at least once a month. Although there are still some difficulties, I am still grateful to our Lord because He has made a way for my sister and I to be with both our parents, though at different times.
I have learned that in life, if something arned that in life, if somedayEve or Day with).happens, be it good or bad, happy or sad, there are still so many things to be thankful for. I have learned to accept the Lord’s good plan for my life because I have Jesus.

No comments: